We love to scavenger hunt the web for interesting data and have our way with them. For this project, we used Eurostat dataset available in some ugly spreadsheet tables. The data were categorised into high number of categories so we took liberty of
reorganising things into large groups and subgroups to build up clear hierarchy. The sorting algorithm was highly subjective, which is fine as long as we don’t claim otherwise. We wanted it to participate in an Open Data Challenge but we didn’t hit the
deadline. You win some, you lose some. The project, which actually shows the overall spendings of an average European household, has been originally created using the Raphael.js, then recreated in
Flash and finally forged with pure HTML5.